Today I have a simple layout with some pics of my goddaughter. Her first day of Preschool! Loved the pics her mom shared…. instantly I wanted to preserve them… hence the layout!
I found the printed paper at Michaels… perfect base. Ofcourse I did layer it over a black cardstock for sturdy base. Since we were talking about school…I wanted to include rulers and pencils and had this idea of notebook paper. So I had to incorporate all 🙂
So the pencils I cut using my Silhouette. I used Back to School Letter L design to cut out the pencils. I ungrouped the design and was able to cut out the different pieces from colored cardstock. I used yellow for base, black for the tip, grey for the silver edge, pink for the eraser and kraft for the shaved part. I used black marker pen to edge each of the pieces and assembled it. Next, I used wink of stella clear glitter brush pen and glossy accents… to give it an epoxy sticker look. They have been glued down with 3-d foam tape.
The words “first day of” have been die cut by using a retired alphabet die cut by Stampin’ Up! I used black cardstock and black craft foam to cut out the letters and layered them for 3-d effect. Using foam tape would have been hard, so using craft foam makes it easier. A new tip I have recently seen crafters use– glue the cardstock and foam together and then die cut… makes it even easier 😀
The “Preschool” part was cut using Silhouette. I used the Preschool design, which again I ungrouped and deleted the unwanted parts and cut it with white cardstock. Then I used distress inks to color in the letters. I used- Mustard seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn. Some wink of stella clear glitter and glossy accents finished the look of the word. Also used walnut stain for the bottom part.
The ruler were rub ons that I had bought years ago. I glue it down on vanilla cardstock and edged it with some walnut stain distress ink.
For the notebook paper, I took some college ruled notebook paper and glued it over vanilla cardstock, punched holes and edged with some antique linen and walnut stain distress ink. Then ofcourse, handwritten message completes the page 😀
It was fun, using the silhouette and trying to make my own embellishments. More layouts are in works…. keep watching this space.
Until next time,